What is independence? To me, it's entrepreneurship. It's the ability to do what I love, when I want, with whom I want. It's the new American dream. Women everywhere are making it happen, and you can, too! Here are my top five reasons you should take the leap.
1. Independence. I love this quote from an anonymous high school student: "Entrepreneurship is living a few years of your life like most people won't, so that you can spend the rest of your life like most people can't." I couldn't have said it better.
2. Creative Reign. This is your chance to express your brand. To connect. To reach out. To give your customers just what they need, wrapped in a package that's uniquely you.
3. Passion. Create your own fireworks by doing what you love. Pursing your passions makes your heart happy. I promise!
4. Satisfaction. Wake up every day knowing you've built something special. Something that has you stamped all over it. Something you're proud of. Something you'll leave behind.
5. Mentoring/Giving back. Each day is an opportunity to learn and to mentor. You have the freedom to put your name behind your charitable passion and support your community. Give back to those who have helped you, and shepherd those who will be the future.
So how do you get started? Create that brand board I'm always talking about. Express your passions, your ambitions, the colors that draw you in and the words that catch your eye. Look at it everyday and ask yourself, “What will I do for my brand and future business today? Who has the knowledge and experience to help me get there?”
Start on your path to personal freedom by putting your passion into action!